Monday, December 01, 2008

Belatedly, New Year's Resolution

Finally, belatedly, I have achieved my New Year's Resolution (of 1920x1200) -- for the last couple of years since my 1997 vintage 19" 1600x1200 VDU died, I have had to put up with having a smaller screen resolution at home than in the office (equivalent 19" 1600x1200 VDU, upgraded a few weeks ago to 24" 1920x1200 LCD), which has meant that when I GotoMyPC (the best acquisition Citrix has made during my time with them so far as end-user dog-fooding goes) to home-work, I've had to suffer blurred/shrunken text.

No longer. Now, for the same £200 price-tag as the 19" 1280x1024 screen I got as a replacement for the dead VDU at the time, I now have the same headline spec as at work; this being about 1/4 the price I would have had to pay had I gone straight to this spec. So now I see my office screen at 1:1; and playing video, especially wide-screen video, is just amazing.

This has not been for want of trying, though -- just that actually getting my hands on such an item for the instant gratification facto has taken 3 months : they seemed never to be in stock when I tried to buy.

No comments :